About Me

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
I have enjoyed every aspect of football since I can remember. The discipline and courage it takes to excel and play football has helped to shape my life whole heartedly. My football journey took me to Upper Moreland High School where I had the pleasure of playing against the best competition in southeastern PA. From there this great game allowed me to start 44 straights games at Cheyney University. I was blessed to play in the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference, where they play the best football in all of division II. That journey allowed me to be invited into a couple of arena football camps. Football to me is the greatest game invented. As they stated in the movie "The Program" football isn't for everyone. We were the lucky ones. The sport builds character, heart, and perseverance. This is the game I love. please enjoy my blog. Proud Husband, Football Guru and Fanatic!!!!

Warning

The opinions in this blog are my opinions and strictly my opinions. They are not meant to be disrespectful but they are meant to be real and from the heart.

Glenn Erby

Glenn Erby
I NEED A SHOW

Donovan a REDSKIN

Donovan a REDSKIN
Oh he will return Eagles fans!!!!!

Tony Romo

Tony Romo
Star Power

Patrick Willis

Patrick Willis
The Real Deal

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Toast To Mount Cody



I bet my readers are wondering why. Why out of all the potential NFL draftees I could do a story on right now, why would I pick Terrence Cody?  To put it bluntly I am a huge fan of "MOUNT" Cody.  There is something about the 6'5 360 pound defensive tackle that causes me to gravitate towards him and personally cheer him on.  I love his nickname that fits perfectly.  At times opposing linemen swear the man is like a mountain and just can not be moved.  I also cheer Terrence Cody on because his story is not the typical one.  Mount Cody is not your normal 5 star defensive tackle that ends up at Alabama.  His story is one of academic and family difficulty.  Cody grew up in Fort Myers, Florida the oldest of eight children.  His parents were never married and he lost his father at the age of 11.  Terrence wore a size 8 shoe by the time he was ten years old.  We all as humans can relate to having to deal with ridicule and jokes as kids.  Cody was never allowed to participate in pop warner football because of his weight issues.  He grew up very poor and had to help take care of his seven younger sibling while his mother worked two full time jobs.  During those tough times Cody struggled to maintain any academic success while trying to keep his brothers and sisters in line.  Near  the end of his junior year of high school Terrence had to move in with a teammate to try and resurrect his declining grades and career.  After high school he spent two years at Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. There he had two really productive season's as he continue to struggle with his weight and academics.  He pressed on and got his grades together.  From there Cody went to Alabama where after sitting out his first season he began to blossom.  The rest is history.  Cody finished this 2009 season as a first team all american and a national champion.  He will best be remember for his blocked field goal attempt against Tennessee that saved the Crimson Tides season in October.  Cody still at times struggles with his weight which was evident during appearance at the Senior Bowl and the NFL Combine.  It is my opinion that Cody will flourish in the NFL and dominate line of scrimmages for years to come. This is a man who has tremendous hands,feet, and can dunk a basketball.  Terrence Cody is a success story in my book for showing constant perseverance when so many would have quit or fell to the wayside.  Congrats Terrence"MOUNT" Cody you are a role model and a inspiration for all who struggle in life or face such staggering obstacles.  May we toast to a protein shake on April 22nd or 23rd when all your  dreams are fulfilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave your comments or quotes