About Me

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
I have enjoyed every aspect of football since I can remember. The discipline and courage it takes to excel and play football has helped to shape my life whole heartedly. My football journey took me to Upper Moreland High School where I had the pleasure of playing against the best competition in southeastern PA. From there this great game allowed me to start 44 straights games at Cheyney University. I was blessed to play in the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference, where they play the best football in all of division II. That journey allowed me to be invited into a couple of arena football camps. Football to me is the greatest game invented. As they stated in the movie "The Program" football isn't for everyone. We were the lucky ones. The sport builds character, heart, and perseverance. This is the game I love. please enjoy my blog. Proud Husband, Football Guru and Fanatic!!!!

Warning

The opinions in this blog are my opinions and strictly my opinions. They are not meant to be disrespectful but they are meant to be real and from the heart.

Glenn Erby

Glenn Erby
I NEED A SHOW

Donovan a REDSKIN

Donovan a REDSKIN
Oh he will return Eagles fans!!!!!

Tony Romo

Tony Romo
Star Power

Patrick Willis

Patrick Willis
The Real Deal

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Eagles Fans "Racist or Disloyal"

As I had the opportunity to sit and listen to fans applaud the trade of Donovan Mcnabb, I can't help but wonder if race or just plain disloyalty played a part in people feeling so enthusiastic about #5 departure.  Me personally I know enough about football to know that the decision was purely business from the Eagles point of view.  Kevin Kolb is about 7 years younger and several million dollars cheaper.  My problem is not with the business aspect of it.  I struggle to accept such disloyalty from fans. I remember that draft day vividly.  It was the spring of my junior season at Cheyney University, and we had just finished a long grueling spring football practice.  The commissioner stepped to the podium and announced that the Eagles had just selected QB Donovan Mcnabb from Syracuse University 2nd overall.    I will never forget how the boo's rang out.  I can't recall a crowd of fans being that brutal before or since.  Angelo Cataldi, Mayor Ed Rendell, and hundreds of Eagles fans were in love with Ricky Williams.  Mcnabb handled that moment like he has most other moments during his tenure in philly, like a champion.  It is my opinion that Eagles fans are some of the most disloyal at times.  They are also spoiled and obnoxious.  For what reason I don't know.  What I do know is that I wish I could turn back the hands of time.  If only I could allow some karma to creep in to this situation.  What if Cleveland selected Donovan instead of Tim Couch?  I know the Browns fortunes would be totally different.  How would Eagles fans have felt about a gutless Couch?  What if the Bengals had selected Mcnabb and not Akili Smith?  Would they have ever been in a position to draft Carson Palmer?  Eagles fans would have had a field day with Akili?

My point is the Philadelphia Eagles are one of the better NFL organizations around.  Its not a mistake that #5 was the qb.  The things Mcnabb accomplished are no accident either.  The man is a straight up winner on and off the field.  Be blessed Eagles fans.  Have some class. Show some respect.  These past eleven years could have gone way different.  Who knows maybe the Eagles would have been bad enough to eventually draft Jamarcus Russell.  Yea right now Eagles fans deserve Jamarcus Russell at his worst.    One love Donnie Mac #5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave your comments or quotes